of Public Association – “Ukrainian Railway Heritage Association”
(Ukrainian abbreviation «AZIZU»)
1.1 The name of the Association shall be “Ukrainian Railway Heritage Association” – (The Association).
2.1 The purpose of the Association is the preservation of the railway history of the Ukraine.
2.2 Collect and maintain railway archives, as appropriate.
2.3 The Association acts on the basis of the common interests of the members for the realization of the objectives and future tasks, as detailed in the Constitution.
3.1 The Association is created and acts in accordance with the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine on “The Citizens Association”, legislative acts and this Constitution.
3.2 The Association carries out its activities on the territory of Ukraine.
3.3 The address of the Association is: 117/125 Borschagivska Street, apartment 94, Kiev 03056, Ukraine.
4. Legal Status of the Association.
4.1 The Association acquires the status of the public association in the order as set by law.
4.2 In the Association, democracy of relations is provided between its members. The Association is created and acts on the principle of self government on a voluntary basis, equality of rights of the members, election and accountability of leading officers, legality and publicity.
4.3 The Association is a non-profit making entity, in so far as any profit that is made shall be used exclusively for the realization of the Association objectives.
4.4 For the achievement of the aims and implementation of the objectives of the Association, the Association has the right to set the correct programme. – to present and protect the legal interests and also the legal interests of the members, to state and public bodies through the institute of representative office as set by law,
– to address to public and management and offices of local self government authorities with the aim of obtaining necessary information for the realization of the constitutional activities,
– to make suggestions to the offices of government and management on questions in accordance with the objectives and Constitution of the Association,
– to spread information related to the objectives of the Association and publicise the ideas and purpose,
– to establish mass medias, in particular via the Internet,
-to join other non-government public associations, including International organizations, to make agreement with them for cooperation and mutual assistance. – To support direct international contacts and communications.
4.5 That the Association has an identity which becomes firmly established.
5. Purpose and direction of activity of the Association.
5.1 The primary purpose of the activities of the Association is the satisfaction and defence of legal, social, creative and common interests of the members.
5.2 Basic activities of the Association are:
5.2.1 Museum activity.
– creation, together with Ukrzaliznitsa, a state museum of railway transport of Ukraine, in Kiev, which includes the display of items of standard railway equipment, including operating examples, support and make additions to the museum display,
– recording of the information base of rolling stock units, lost objects of the railways of Ukraine and all those which could be lost,
– initiating searches, fixing (photo, video), taking inventory, transportation, restoration and repair of future exhibits for the museum and take an active part in these measures,
– proposals to give status of “Preserved” to the operating narrow gauge railways of Ukraine, including children’s railways, and forming on their territory branches of museum,
– in accordance with the requirements of correct legislation to give suggestions, relating to all alternations, to legislative and sub-legal acts which regulate museum activity, determine status of objects of railway equipment, infrastructure and others,
– application to the proper public authorities for the re-deployment to the museum or giving to the objects of railway equipment and infrastructure, proper status which guarantees their preservation, in particular those installed in the different cities of Ukraine,
– establishing close contacts with Ukrzaliznitsa with the aim of obtaining high quality repairs – restoration works of rolling stock, stations and other buildings of railways which have a historical value, with the purpose of their preservation and restoration to original condition,
– establish close contact with the museum of railway transport companies of Ukraine and other states and with the veterans of railway transport.
5.2.2 Educational activities.
– popularization of railway business,
– professional orientation of young people,
– creation of documentary films,
– creation and support of web site on the Internet,
– publication of newspapers, magazines, informative leaflets for the anniversaries of historic events, which shows the activities of the Association and events in the history of railway transport,
– attraction of young people to membership in the Association through distribution of information about its activities, including design, making of models and participation in the work of the children’s railways in Ukraine,
– formation and organization of workshops for making patterns and models,
– rendering assistance in the improvement of the training programme of children’s railways of Ukraine and companies of Ukrzaliznitsa.
5.2.3 Scientific and research activity.
– research of historical aspects of the development of the railways of Ukraine and its role in the development of ways of communication of Europe,
– research the Ukrainian contribution to, and its role in the development of technical equipment for railway transport,
– participate in the organization and take part in annual exhibitions of new railway equipment, its presentation, taking into account subsequent development of the railways of Ukraine,
– perform searches in the archives of Ukraine.
5.2.4 Librarian activity.
– search, storage of books, movies on railway subjects,
– organization of edition of technical literature, booklets, placards etc, including on web sites,
– creation of a central paper and electronic library of technical literature of railway transport,
5.2.5 Railway pictures.
– carrying out of measures for the organization of photo amateurs activity, exchange of experience, etc,
– organization of trips by photo amateurs to historical places and railway objects,
– carrying out of photo exhibitions on the premises of the State Museum, on enterprises and in the local museum of railway transport.
5.2.6 Public activity.
– communicating with the veterans of transport,
– organization and participation in conducting national measures on railway transport, celebrating of Railwaymen’s day etc, with the involvement of public and veterans,
– organization of informative works through the Internet, printed works and mass media,
– development of contacts of the Association with the international and national professional organizations of railway transport.
6. Members, their rights and duties.
6.1 Membership of the Association is voluntary. It can be individual or associated.
6.2 Individual members could be citizens of Ukraine, foreign citizens and persons without citizenship. Individual members of the Association are formed in local branches, which carry out representation of the members at conferences of representatives of central and local branches. Election of delegates is as determined by this constitution.
6.3 Associated members of the Association can be collectives of enterprises of transport industry. Possible formation of local branches on the territory of railway transport.
6.4 Individual and associated members present to the Chairman of the Association informal application for membership and properly completed questionnaires, the form of which are established by the Board.
6.5 After preliminary consideration of all given documents the Chairman passes them for consideration to the members of the Board. A decision about acceptance of new members is taken by the Board of the Association. Decision about affiliation to the Association goes into effect after approval by the Board.
6.6 Individual or associated members of the Association follow the constitution and other documents of the Association and can take part in the activities of the Association.
6.7 Entry to, and expulsion from, the Association shall be decided by the Board.
6.8 Rights of the members of the Association
to elect and to be elected as officers of the Association,
to take part in conferences and other activities organized by the Association for carrying out constitutional tasks, both directly and through the representatives,
to receive information about the activities of the Association, to make to the Board enquires and proposals relating to questions connected with the constitution and to receiving appropriate reply,
to get necessary information about the activities of the Association and its officers,
free leaving from members of the Association.
6.9 Duties of members of the Association
to take an active part in the activities of the Association,
to adhere to the constitution of the Association, carry out the decision of the Conference and the Board.
6.10 Any member of the Association can be expelled from the Association as a result of breaking of the constitution, documents and regulations of the activities of the Association. Decision about expulsion from membership is adopted by the Board.
7. The Structure of the Association.
7.1 The central and regional branches are the basis of the Association which unites individual and associated members such as:
– realize aims and tasks of the Association,
– take part in the constitutional activity of the Association,
– propose delegates to the Conference and to Board of the Association,
– encourage members of the Association.
7.1.1 The structures of the Association are the Conference of the representatives of central and local branches (The Conference) and the Board.
7.1.2 The Conference is the highest level of management of the Association.
7.1.3 The Board operates between the Conferences. The Board carries out the Constitutional tasks of the Association and decisions of the Conferences. The Board is elected for one year and carries out its duties until re-election.
7.2 Central and local branches of the Association.
7.2.1 The Central branch of the Association is in Kiev.
7.2.2 Local branches are created on the territorial principle.
7.2.3 Local branches in the activity follow this Constitution and decisions adopted by their leading officers.
7.2.4 Local branches will be legalized by presentation to the Board of a report, in the set form, about their formation.
7.2.5 The local branches of the Association can have executive branches which operate in accordance with the decisions of the Conference and the Constitution.
7.3 Conference of the representatives of the Central and local branches.
7.3.1 Members of the Association take part in the Conference through their delegates.
7.3.2 Conference of the representatives of central and local branches of the Association is the highest level of the Association.
7.3.3 The Conference is conducted ones each year. The Chairman of the Association presides at the Conference.
7.3.4 Calling of the Conference (including extraordinary Conference) is carried out on demand of the Board of the Association.
7.3.5 General number of delegates of the Conference is determined by the Board.
7.3.6 Representation of the Central and local branches of the Association is carried out on a proportional basis, in accordance with part, (by percent), of the general members of the branch and the number of the members of the Association. Thus, every local branch must be represented at the Conference by no less than one delegate.
7.3.7 The associated members of the Association must be represented at the Conference by at least one delegate, here the maximum amount of the delegates coordinates with the Board of the Association.
7.3.8 Members of the Board are simultaneously representatives of Central and local branches from which they were elected as delegates of the Conference and included in the amount of the delegates from these branches.
7.3.9 Representation of the Central and local branches and also associated members of the Association, is carried out on the principle – one delegate, one vote. Decision about giving voting, rights to a delegate for participating in voting and decision making at the Conference is made at the meeting of the local branch.
7.3.10 Date, place, time and the agenda of the Conference, is notified to the delegates at least twenty days before the meeting by mail, fax, telegraph, e-mail or in writing.
7.3.11 All suggestions in relation to the agenda of the Conference, must be sent to the Board by delegates, no later that ten days prior to the date of notification of the Conference. The decision about setting an agenda is accepted by the Board.
7.3.12 A Conference is considered competent if no less than 60 percent of elected delegates are present.
7.3.13 The jurisdiction of the Conference covers decisions on any questions of the Constitution and activities of the Association. The Conference can delegate to the Board the rights and plenary powers to make a decision on all questions, except for those which belong to its exceptional jurisdiction. Principles and rules for consideration of questions by the Board and forming decisions on them should not be different from principles and rules which are set for the conference.
7.3.14 Questions that belong to the exceptional jurisdiction of the Conference
– determination of basic trends of the constitutional activity of the Association,
– ratification of the Constitution of the Association and making alteration and additions to it,
– election and dismissal of the Chairman of the Association,
– election of the Board for a one year term,
– approval of reports by the Chairman about the activities in the current year,
– presenting accusations and making decisions about failure of the Chairman of the Association,
– taking a decision on conflict situation which can not be solved by the Board,
– to make decisions about ceasing the activities of the Association.
7.3.15 The decisions of the Conference are considered accepted if the majority of the delegates vote in favour.
8. The Board.
8.1 The Board of the Association operates between Conferences and has plenary power to decide all questions of the Constitution and activities of the Association, except for questions attributed to exceptional jurisdiction of the Conference.
8.2 The Board includes the Chairman of the Association and members of the Board, which are elected at Conference. The number of members of the Board is determined by the Conference, but not more than four persons, including the Chairman of the Association.
8.3 The Chairman of the Association carries out guidance work if no less than three members of the Board are present, including the Chairman or members of the Board which executes the duties of Chairman.
8.4 The Board meets when called by the Chairman or by no less than from the Board members.
8.5 Decisions accepted by the Board, come into force from the moment of their acceptance.
8.6 Exceptional jurisdiction of the Board belongs to decisions on the following questions:
– approval of plans for the Constitution of the Association and the results of their implementation,
– approval of annual and current plans of the Association,
– to make decisions about the creation of local branches,
– affiliating to the Association,
– exclusion from the Association,
– approval of symbolism of the Association,
– taking decisions of encouragement of members,
– taking decisions on separate conflict situation,
– to make decisions on other questions, which are obligatory for the execution by the Association members and do not apply to the exceptional jurisdiction of the Conference.
8.7 A Chairman and the members of the Board are elected at Conference for one year in accordance with the Constitution and carry out plenary powers until their re-election.
8.8 The Chairman of the Association carries out guidance work of the Association.
8.9 The Chairman of the Association has the right:
– without instruction, to represent the Association, before public bodies and establishments and any legal or physical entity,
– to issue orders, directions and approved instructions and any other obligatory document for the compliance of the Association members,
– to carry out the day to day management of the Association,
– to sign all official documents,
– to pass part of these rights and duties to the members of the Board of the Association.
8.10 The members of the Board have the right to vote on any decision relating to the jurisdiction of the Board.
8.11 In the case of temporary inability to carry out the duties by the Chairman of the Association, his duties are to be carried out by one of the members of the Board, on written order of the Chairman.
8.12 The Board shall consist of an elected Chairman and three members for the positions of Secretary, Branch Liason Officer and Board Member.
9. The order of Termination of Activity.
9.1 The Association stops its activity by reorganization or liquidation.
9.2 Reorganization of the Association is carried out by decision of the Conference, if it is voted for by no less than 75 percent of delegates of the Association, present at the Conference. Thus all rights and duties of the Association pass to its legal successors.
9.3 Liquidation of the Association is carried out by decision of the Conference, if it is voted for by no less than 75 percent of delegates of the Association, present at the Conference, or by a decision of Court.
9.4 The Association can not be reorganized into a legal entity, the purpose of which is to be profit making.
10. Changes and additions to the Constitution.
10.1 Changes and additions to the Constitution are accepted by Conference, in accordance with the requirements of current legislation, and are effective after approval by the Conference.